Reasons Mummies Were Made
Mummies came from the Arabic word, mumiya.( I am sorry that I do not know how to pronounce that word)..This mummification thing all started when people missed their family members not bein' around to nag on them all the time. Other then that, people wanted to see their oldies from back when. Or they wanted to keep them because some were important family members. Even though the dead can't talk, can they?So why waste money on things that you don't know if anything will happen... Also Egyptians believed that there was a whole other life after the tragic death scene so they wanted to be 'peaceful' in a different world, craazzyyyyyy don't you think? Want to know something disgusting though? People used their OWN family members wrapped in linen cloth as decorations! I mean come on! Who does that? Religious beliefs also mummify their leaders to honor em'. Overall though most people made mummies because people just wanted to be mummified. Simple isn't it? I wouldn't want to be mummified.. It would be creepy to think that many of people from around the WHOLE, wide world would be staring at me..
No comments:
Post a Comment